Southern Company at a Glance
We are one of America’s premier energy companies, delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to our electric and natural gas customers through our state-regulated utilities.
Our strategy is to maximize long-term value to stockholders through a customer-, community- and relationship-focused business model that is designed to produce sustainable levels of return on energy infrastructure.
See the back cover of this Proxy Statement for our geographic footprint.
Our Customer Centric Business Model
Our Key Financial Objectives
- Superior risk-adjusted total shareholder return
- A high degree of financial integrity and strong investment grade credit ratings
- Strong, sustainable returns on invested capital
- Regular, predictable and sustainable earnings per share (EPS) and dividend growth*
- Future dividends are subject to the approval of the Board of Directors and dependent on earnings, financial condition and other factors
Our Low-Carbon Future
Southern Company is committed to providing clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy, while transitioning to low- to no-carbon operations by 2050. Since 2007, the percentage of energy generated from coal has decreased approximately 61%.
* Includes non-affiliate power purchase agreements
GHG Emission Reduction Goals